Looking for a therapist can feel scary and uncomfortable: “Will they get it?” “Will we connect?” I want to commend you for bravely taking this step towards honoring yourself, and for being open to sharing your experience and vulnerabilities with another person.
My approach to individual, couples, and group therapy is one of warmth, compassion, and directness. I hold clients’ stories with tenderness and care, and predominantly use the tools of Expressive Arts, Narrative, and Drama therapy. What this means is that I utilize the arts, role playing, improvisation, and metaphor in order to help you give shape to your emotions and experiences, for which there are sometimes no words. Solely talking about the problem can feel tiresome, and can in fact perpetuate dysfunctional patterns.
My practice aims to implement the arts in order to help you find and live out new narratives that illuminate your strengths and resilience. I believe that you inherently hold all of the knowledge and answers. I want to collaborate with you in your process of self discovery.
No previous art experience is necessary!
Areas that I specialize in:
- Grief and loss — loss of a parent, breakups, life transitions
- Individuation — finding connection to and separation from family of origin through a culturally sensitive lens
- Self-esteem — helping you find your confidence, sense of self-worth, and empowerment
- Depression — lethargy, unexpressed grief and anger, hopelessness and helplessness
- Performance anxiety — fear of failure in school or work
- Social anxiety — shyness, nervousness, questioning, dating
- Gender and sexuality — sex positivity, LGBTQIA issues, gender dysphoria, sexual orientation
- Relationships — couples therapy, navigating polyamory, families, youth
I have led therapeutic writing and creative arts circles for adults and adolescents. These facilitations have taught me about the healing power of the arts in a therapeutic setting. I have witnessed people reframe the harmful stories they tell themselves through imaginative writing and play. Through this process, I have been a witness and support to people as they find their personal power.
Supervised by Armand Volkas, MFT, RDT/BCT (MFC#28789)
** I am providing telehealth sessions until it is safe to return to in-person sessions.**